National Committees and Contact Points
National Committees are indispensable for DIVERSITAS to adapt to local concerns and priorities: biodiversity implies a diversity of organisms and ecological systems, a diversity of human-related impacts, as well as a diversity of approaches.
- create targeted national programmes to feed into the DIVERSITAS Programme Elements.
- help involving the national scientific community in the international arena.
- launch international initiatives, such as workshops, both within and outside the country.
- can be more efficient and convincing for obtaining funds than several isolated and uncoordinated groups.
- help in the Convention on Biological Diversity process by ensuring that the information channel is open both "bottom up" and "top down", by providing support to national delegates to the Subsidiary Body for Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice meetings (SBSTTA) and the Conferences of the Parties.
Argentina Germany Russia Australia Hungary Saudi Arabia Austria Indonesia Slovak Republic Belarus Japan Spain Belgium Kenya Switzerland Brazil Mexico United Kingdom Chile The Netherlands USA China-CAST New Zealand Venezuela China-Taipei Norway Vietnam Estonia Poland Western Pacific and Asia (DIWPA) France Romania